Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Still Pretty...

Well, I took Maddie to her 5 year old check-up the other day and much to my utter shock she failed her vision screen. And when I say failed, I mean bombed! Big time. She thought a house was a circle, she said a tree was a car, and when it was on the letters I think she was just randomly saying letters in an attempt to get some of them right. Anyway, I thought she was faking. She is the most dramatic 5 year old ever, you know. So, as a good mom would do, I took her to the opthamologist. The whole time I am thinking up the lecture I am going to give about why we do not goof off at the doctors office, and we need to be more serious, etc, etc. Not 5 seconds into the exam, he looks at me and says 'Wow! She's got a very significant astigmatism in that right eye', and then 'the left eye needs help too, but the right eye is about 4 times as bad'. I'm still in shock.
This is coming from a child who doesn't miss anything! She reads, she writes, she does crafts for like 10 hours at a time. She will sit outside and just stare and observe little bugs (well, maybe this does help explain why she never catches any!). Anyway, all that to say that today Maddie Grace went and picked out the cutest pair of glasses ever! She is just growing up waaaaay too fast! Rocky and are completely amazed at what a lovely young lady she is turning into right before our eyes. Well, without further ado, here is a picture!
Yep, still just as beautiful as ever!

And, just for good measure. Here is a recent pic of Tanner in all his cuteness!




and, his super-scary face!

building a snowman 2 days after Christmas
\


Bless his heart, he just HAD to!